Sunday, April 3, 2016

Tupperware & My Family

Tupperware has always been in my family. Not a day goes by that I don’t use Tupperware. It has always been a staple product in my household. I feel like that’s just the norm, to put leftovers in Tupperware. If you think about it, there is a lot of food that comes in Tupperware nowadays. For example, butter, it comes in a big tub, if you buy it that way. That’s one thing my Mom always did, she would wash out the butter tub and use it to put leftover food in. Sometimes you wouldn’t know what you were grabbing, was it going to be butter or leftover spaghetti?

The Tupperware story was very non-traditional almost. Woman were Tupperware, they made it very successful, which is something that you don’t see very often in that time period. It allowed women to be something other than stay at home wives and mothers. The postwar aspect of this made me feel like women almost had to find something to do. With their husbands away, they needed financial help. Although women were the popular majority of the sales representatives for the business, Men soon came into the picture. Not only was this great for women to start branching out for themselves, it was great economically for America, especially after a war. It created many jobs for people, rather it was in an office, salesman, or in factories. Tupperware, in my opinion was a hidden maker of America.   (posted by Samantha Kuntz)

No comments:

Post a Comment