Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Obama and the American Dream

I  honestly don't feel this needs an explanation. Some may not agree with this post, but I find it very ironic yet true at the same time. I came across this when doing a simple search of  "The American Dream". This particular comic is based of when Obama was running for office the first term. Obviously, this political cartoon is Pro-Obama, as am I. I just wanted to show that even though many have/had hope of an American dream with his presidency coming into office, but how UNTRUE it actually is. Don't get me wrong Obama is great, but why does the American Dream still seem to be "dead"?
                           (Posted by- Samantha Kuntz)

2 comments:

  1. I also found this cartoon when doing a simple search of "The American Dream." Because I had been reading so much about the death of the American Dream, I didn't get the cartoon at first. I thought there was some catch, some twist that was anti-American Dream, but no. In this cartoon, the father really is teaching his kids that the American Dream is alive and well, even though it seems dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, thought that as well. I did further research, and it was drew when Obama was first getting elected in 2008. I really enjoy this political cartoon because it symbolizes hope, and also hope for an african american family at that. -Samantha Kuntz

    ReplyDelete